Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stardate 913011-1: Steps of Faith

Whats up everyone!!!?

So recently I've really been challenged to be stepping out in faith a lot more. And by stepping out a lot more I mean to actually do it... I struggle with that but I'm getting better at it, I understand how simple it is to just walk up to someone and talk to them  but I end up getting in my own way ,I over analyze the situation running it over and over in my head about how I can fail(not god btw) and then nothing happens because I scare myself out of sharing an experience with god, I also know that to over come this.....fear, I need to not rely on my own strengths I need to place my trust on the holy spirit. the other day I was listening to a guy named Todd White, if you don't know who that is googlize him, he'll wreck your way of thinking and get you fired up to proclaim the kingdom! but he was talking about the holy spirit.Jesus said that it was better if he went because he would send the holy spirit, our comforter. and it hit me, If we rely on our own strengths and never go outside our comfort zone we are saying that the holy spirit isn't really needed.He came SPECIFICALLY  for these exact reasons so that we can lean on him in times of stress and fear. I also heard it pretty plainly like this The holy spirit is a big boy, he can handle himself you don't need to "help" him I'm pretty sure he's got anything you can go through covered...Trust him...I know that if I need to break this thing in my life I need to take radical steps, so anytime someone looks my way I'll try and start up a conversation and work it into asking if they have any pain in there body or just that Jesus loves them. I am in the process and I'm lovin it, cause I may not be where I wanna be but I sure am further then I used to...cherish the process, it should be the best past!

what I've learned so far...
  • Just be you
  • love people without having an agenda
  • Find Rest in him 
  • Walk from a place of Victory


Haha the lord is good!!!
He gave me this verse: Ephesians 3:20 which says


 20Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think,according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.


and one more parting verse 

Romans 8:15-17

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you  have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

So I Challenge You....Love on a stranger today, take those 30 seconds or whateva out of your day to bring the kingdom into someone's life and totally throw it for a loop ^.^
and on a side note I prayed for a nicer chair at work...a couple days later a girl get fired...I inherit her chair...which is exactly what i wanted...not so sure how I should feel about that.....

Love y'all God Bless You!!!


v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.-Todd White- v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v.v













No comments:

Post a Comment